Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Count Your Blessings Wednesday

After my miserable day yesterday (which only got worse because I had to go to the store to buy new pants which turned out terrible because I was too tired to try them on and now I have to go back to the store today because they are too small! ARGH!  And did you know Motherhood Maternity has the WORSE return policy ever.  So not only do they stalk people but they are impossible!  FYI, the best way to shop for maternity clothes is:  get some from your friend, go to the thrift store, or get some sale items online.)

Anyways, as I was saying, after my miserable day yesterday, I need to write a list of things I'm thankful for.  Things that make me happy after miserable days:

  1. Romantic Comedies.  There is nothing like them and they fit for most occasions.  Last night, I watched The Proposal and I did go up at least 10 happy points so thanks Sandra Bullock and Ryan Reynolds!
  2. Good books.  I love to read - am a self-proclaimed book nerd.  Escaping your miserable reality for a wonderful fictional world is the best ever.
  3. Feeling the baby move.  She is no longer kicking because she's out of room.  But she does do a lot of rolling around which is so cool.
  4. Anything chocolate.  I do love my chocolate in any shape or form.
  5. Milk.  Milk always makes things better.
  6. Hugs.  Getting hugs from my kitty always make me smile.  Especially when he chases me around the house jumping on my leg until I pick him up and hug him.  He's such a softie that one.
  7. Mac n cheese.  I pretty much scarfed some down yesterday in record time.  Yum!
  8. Good music.  Do you know there are songs called 'Bastard' and 'Hate you'?  Yeah I searched through all our music yesterday and played all the angry songs I could.  Then I put on some 'Jessie needs to chill out' music to calm myself.  Music makes me happy.
  9. Good advice.  I will not divulge my miserableness story to folks because that's just not what I do. But getting advice from the hubby and other family/friends makes it better for me to handle.
  10. The weather.  When it's nice out and I can see and feel the sun, wow what a difference it makes. I'm so thankful for the warmer weather coming.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...