Thursday, October 16, 2014

Fast Forward 20 Years... Bar Dancing

Last night I was thoroughly enjoying our ritual dance party. It had a been a long time so I was particularly excited. The music was blaring, our DJ (daddy) picking out some awesome tunes, and our girl dancing the night away in her Elsa nightgown and white heels from Easter that she insisted on wearing despite them being a bit small for her.

The love of music has been gifted to Lyla from us, thankfully. She has her own favorites and her own playlists which she insists I play for her in her room any time of day. Even if she has to just run upstairs for a minute for me, she wants her music playing. Ahh, I trained her well!

Watching her dance was so fun last night. She was having a ball. Jared played her favorite Disney songs, some Abba, and some new stuff she's been into lately. She was dancing around like nobody's business. Of course I happened to drift into the future for a split second and here's what I saw.

Lyla, 20 years from now at 24, in a little black dress at LBD night at the latest club. Flirting her way into the club and then standing on the bar dancing like nobody's business as the men all around fawned, bought her drinks, and blatantly stared.

I sat there and pictured her being the life of the party, glowing with energy. I imagined her being desired by men and the pick ups, etc. I started to get the deer in headlights look and turned to Jared. I said: Imagine 20 years from now and our daughter dancing at the bar like that on top of the speaker in a slutty little outfit.

He said: Yeah, I wonder where she'll get that from...

I said: Okay so I only danced on the speaker once, I mean twice. Or maybe...

Jared laughed.

Payback is a bitch...

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...