Saturday, November 17, 2012

I am Thankful: my sister

I am thankful for so many things.  And to show my gratitude to the inventors of Thanksgiving, I will post every day during November to share all I'm thankful for.  We should be thankful for what we have every day of our lives and I'm hoping my posts will inspire you to do the same!

Today I am thankful for my sister.

When I was seven years old, she came into this world.  I remember my cousin Brooke was babysitting me and our brother.  My dad called up to tell us she was born and they were deciding between the names Jodie and Julie.  It's odd the random things you remember...

My sister, Jodie, was adorable and my twin - just 7 years younger.  People always said we looked so much alike but I never saw it.  Baby pictures we were totally different since Jo Jo Bean was cursed with a lazy eye.  Every baby photo we have of her one eye is all wonky in the other direction.  It's funny/cute now but I'm sure at the time my mom was stressed about it. 

Eventually that wonky eye got fixed and my sister is as pretty as ever.

After many years of being compared to each other, she finally grew up and became her own wonderful self.  She works at my company, has a nice boyfriend, she has a cute puppy, and just bought her first home.  We never were able to be "friends" in the true sense but now that she's older and I'm older I consider her a true best friend.  I love my sister and I'm so grateful to have her.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...