Friday, November 16, 2012

I am Thankful: Friday nights!

I am thankful for so many things.  And to show my gratitude to the inventors of Thanksgiving, I will post every day during November to share all I'm thankful for.  We should be thankful for what we have every day of our lives and I'm hoping my posts will inspire you to do the same!

I am thankful for Friday nights.  

Fridays for me suck.  Bad.

I wake up between 5 or 6 in the morning and literally roll right into my office and turn on the computer to work.  I try to get as much done before Lyla wakes up.  Then she's up and we have a whole day together.

We'll go to the park in the morning for an hour, the library, or sit and play.  But I try to get at least 1-2 hours in the morning of just us and no computer or phone.

Some Fridays are stressful if Lyla doesn't nap and gets very irritable in the afternoon.  Usually I'll put a movie on for her around 1:30/2 so I can get more work done solidly.

By 3:30/4 work is done for me (a little perk I give myself after working crazy hours all week).  But it's not fun times, it's cleaning time!  Every Friday my house gets cleaned from top to bottom, sheets are done, things tidied up, etc.  Granted we keep our house clean every day but Fridays it goes from crumbs on the floor to shine (well for five minutes at least!  I do have a two year old...) 

So I spend my late afternoon playing Cinderella dusting, vacuuming, mopping, laundry, etc.  Fun stuff!

By 5:30ish I'm exhausted and I just want to go to bed.  Usually I do a bit more work if needed after Lyla goes to bed and I can see/spend time with the husband by 8:30/9ish.  With exception of today which was more difficult than usual and I literally just finished vacuuming and mopping at 9:30pm.  I sure am a party animal on Friday nights, eh?

So today I'm thankful for Friday nights.  Once the house is cleaned, the child is in bed, and I can FINALLY unwind.  Bottom's up!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...