Tuesday, February 21, 2012

#2: Make more time for family

Work and family life for me are totally intertwined for me.  I didn't mean for it to happen but it did.  I work from home and my office is right here.  I work ALL the time.  I never separate myself from it.  Not any more...

From 4:30 p.m. - 7:30 p.m. every week day, it's family time.  No WORK!  It will be hard and I'm sure I'll cheat every once in a while when needed but for the most part, those three hours will be me and Lyla time.  Dinner, bath, and play time.  I can't wait!

I work my ass off every day and if I can't give myself a few hours of family time then what is the point of life?

2 comments:

christina said...

This is a TOTAL must. I actually had to block 5-8 pm off of my work calendar to make sure no one scheduled meetings during that time. I *try* to not have my phone with me during that time (but usually fail miserably). I always get that "I know it's kid time, but this is really important...." texts every now and then but I really, really try. It's so hard having work & home so intertwined!

Jessie said...

yes i blocked off this time too. it's the emails that get me!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...