Thursday, September 09, 2010

Vote for My Ugly Kid!!

Let's face it, not every child is a cutie-patootie.  It's just nature, really.  Nature can't make every child adorable.  Then there would be no ugly people with good personalities in this world.  I know this sounds harsh but it's true.  Granted I never look at someone and say - how ugly, because I'm not that kind of person but I do know some people that do this.  However I do look at people, no matter what age and think how beautiful they are or that one trait that makes them beautiful - I know, I'm a saint... 

In any event, I did have a point and it was about ugly kids.  Now, every mother thinks their child is beautiful.  I, of course, am one of those.  But I can admit that not every facial expression or photo I have of Lyla is gorgeous.  There were some photos taken when she was a few weeks old and she looked like an old man - far from beautiful!  So at least I can get over the fact that she's my daughter and be honest with myself.

But I can't say that about all parents.  And that's probably a good thing.  No one wants to think their kids are ugly.  I think that would be sad really.  But if your child is not a "Gerber baby" then maybe you should not enter them for the "Gerber baby" contest and then get everyone and their uncle to vote for your kid.

College is expensive. So when I saw this Gerber Baby contest, I thought, hey I have a cute kid, why not see if I can get some scholarship money for her because of this.  I did it really half-fast and threw up any old cute photo I had.  The way the contest works is you can vote for your child every day on one computer per day.  So we have three computers and I can vote on all three of them, daily.  Because I felt bad asking people to vote for Lyla, I emailed my mom and she sent the info to everyone she knew.  Lyla has been getting a few votes but not as many as some kids.  And let me tell you the only kids with a huge amount of votes are the ugly kids.  I can't understand this.  There are only two possible reasons:  A.  They have a huge family.  B.  The mom goes library to library daily voting for her child.

But I don't think it's fair really.  This whole voting thing should not be a popularity contest, but more a contest on the cuteness of a child.  I can't decide if I'm being a poor loser or offended by the rules of this contest.  Probably a little bit of both.

Anyways, I dare you to check out this contest and see how cute some of the children are.  Some of them are gorgeous and some of them, well, let's just say they are not as cute.  And do the right thing, will ya?  Vote for a cute one!  Oh and mine is number 79695 in case you want to help Lyla's college fund!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...