Thursday, April 22, 2010

This is a Test. False Alarm. Fail, Fail, Fail!

Yesterday I was feeling great.  I mean great!  But then I got this strange feeling (I will not go into details for the weak stomached).  But I thought my water was breaking and I panicked and called the doc.  Of course he wanted me to come up.  So Jared and I had a practice run as a "this is it" moment.  We packed everything but the kitchen sink, fed the cats, and headed out on what was sure to be an adventure.  

Halfway there, Jared needed to stop for a milk shake and burger.  I won't even mention how on the way out the driveway, he stopped the car to investigate a spot on his perfectly manicured lawn.  If I had been having a big contraction at that point I may have jumped into the driver seat and ran him over...

We get there, check in, answer a billion, no lie, questions.  I get hooked up and monitored.  They do a few VERY uncomfortable tests to confirm that yes, this is a false alarm.  Three hours later, sore as all hell, and exhausted, I got back in the car to get home at midnight.  Going on no sleep since Saturday night, I was not very nice.  I opted to sleep on the couch away from my snoring hubby and had to be up at the crack of dawn to get back to the hospital for my non stress test - which they told me this morning I didn't need to have bothered with.  NICE!

When I got home last night I was so cranky.  I felt like a total failure.  Here I am, a woman, and I don't even have the correct intuition to know if I'm in labor or not.  This has been my biggest fear all along so when I failed, I just felt awful.  We drove two hours, wasted hospital time, and our time for nothing.  I just felt horrible.  

Today I saw my doctor.  I asked him how far he'll let me go.  Good news is if this little girl doesn't arrive any time soon, I have an appointment for April 30 to make her come out!  So there is an end in sight!  Yay!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...