Sunday, December 20, 2009

25 Days of Christmas Memories - Day 20

This year I've decided to write a special Christmas memory for the 25 days of Christmas. Each day until Christmas day, I will share a funny Christmas moment, memorable gift exchange, and my happy moments with family.  I hope you enjoy!


20th Day of Christmas

I was a huge believer of Santa Claus.  Not only that but I wanted him to be real.  As I got older I got more and more suspicious of the familiar handwriting that said Santa on the packages so I started to ask questions.  One day I confided in my cousins that I thought it was a lie but they assured me Santa did exist.  Then one year I started snooping around being the nosy child I was.  I found toys hid in my mom's closet and I was ecstatic to say the least.  I didn't tell anyone but would go in there each Christmas to see what would be mine on Christmas morning.  Then one year I didn't see them all there.  I started to snoop some more and low and behold I found a bunch of wrapped gifts under the bed.  When I looked at them, I was shocked to see they were from Santa.  I talked to my older cousins again bewildered to find gifts from Santa before Christmas.  They had some crazy explanation about the reason for this and I believed them, sort of.  Eventually I stopped believing.  I can't remember when exactly or how but I think finding those gifts under the bed were the biggest reason.  Of course I had a younger brother and sister so we kept up the charade for years for them.  The mystery of Santa Claus was a lot of fun and I miss being a child in awe of him.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...