Monday, December 21, 2009

25 Days of Christmas Memories - Day 21

This year I've decided to write a special Christmas memory for the 25 days of Christmas. Each day until Christmas day, I will share a funny Christmas moment, memorable gift exchange, and my happy moments with family.  I hope you enjoy!


21st Day of Christmas

No matter my age, every Christmas morning I lived at home, I woke up at the crack of dawn to do gifts.  My parents were not a fan of this and my siblings as they grew older got even more annoyed. I didn't care though!  Christmas morning at my mom and dad's was magical.  I would wake up around five or six, would run down the stairs, and go to the living room.  Surrounding the tree were tons of gifts, stuffed stockings, and presents galore.  The entire room seemed to sparkle with the gifts.  I can't even describe it but it was spectacular.  I can see it in my mind when I close my eyes.  The combination of the tree overlooking so many wrapped presents took my breath away each time.  I didn't want it to ever go away so I could stare at it for ages.  It was just beautiful.

Every Christmas, my mom would say we're not going crazy on gifts this year but each year there are more than the year before.  We were definitely spoiled and still are.  After we'd do our gifts, dad would make pancakes or cinnamon rolls.  Then we'd lounge around for an hour rehashing the gifts we got and talking together.  Eventually we'd have to get ready for our Christmas day company.  I loved Christmas mornings at my parent's home and look forward to making my own traditions with my kids some day soon.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...