Saturday, December 19, 2009

25 Days of Christmas Memories - Day 19

This year I've decided to write a special Christmas memory for the 25 days of Christmas. Each day until Christmas day, I will share a funny Christmas moment, memorable gift exchange, and my happy moments with family.  I hope you enjoy!


19th Day of Christmas

When I was in third grade, I was sitting in my classroom with a stomach ache.  I had a paper bag on the floor next to me filled with stuff from my desk I was cleaning out.  I was wearing a pink shirt a little white cardigan.  All of a sudden, I started to feel really ill.  I took off my cardigan and tried to raise my hand for the teacher.  Then I raised my hand to my mouth - the one holding the sweater - and proceeded to vomit all over my white sweater and tumbling into the bag.  That was a stellar day for me.  Sadly, I can remember that so vividly.  That day also happened to be the day my Aunt Barb was taking me and my cousins to the see the Nutcracker.  I had been looking forward to this show for weeks as it was our Christmas present.

When my mom came to pick me up, she said she had called my aunt and canceled.  I would be in bed.  That whole night I cried and puked feeling sorry for myself.  It was definitely not my best moment.

However I was very affected by this very much.  I got The Nutcracker sound track and started listening to it every night.  Non stop I would listen to it as I went to sleep and I fell in total love with the music.  My CD eventually got destroyed due to all the use and I had to buy a new one.

Fast forward to today and you can still find me listening to the music all year round.  Right now I'm playing it non stop so the baby can appreciate it too.  I know each song and all it's glory and melody.  My favorite - absolute favorite song - is Dance of the Prince.  Every time I listen to it I get this big grin on my face and tears fill my eyes.  It is the most amazing piece of classical music I've ever heard.  If you've not realized it now, I'm a huge classical music lover - go ahead and make fun of me I don't care!  So you can understand my love of the Nutcracker music but get this, I still have NOT to this day seen the show.  It is on my to do list of things to do before I die. Some day someone will take me or I'll just take myself.  If you've not listened to this amazing music, I suggest you get on that asap.  The Nutcracker music feeds my soul more than anything I've ever heard.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...