I'm sitting here with Jared this morning and trying to get myself together since I have a busy day. I thought I'd be grateful on my blog, then get to work, finish packing (we leave for Orlando tonight!) and do all the little things one has to do before taking off for a few days.
Every morning Jared has his routine. He gets up, goes straight for the coffee I preset up the night before to brew, then sits down at his computer, checking email, reading news, etc. Lately the husband has been all about loving macs. I'm actually embarrassed to say the word. I hate mac computers. I just love windows and my PC. But ever since Jared started fooling around with ipods and iPhones, he has been obsessed with trading our stuff in for macs (it will never happen as far as I'm concerned).
This morning as I'm sitting here doing my routine, the husband is reading up on macs, again. He starts his spiel about how we're going to get them, and yada yada yada, which I totally ignore. Then he puts on this mac infomercial explaining the new iMac. As this commercial goes, I keep hearing groans and wows, and whoops of excitement. I look over and and have not see the husband this excited in ages over something - a computer nonetheless. I can compare it to me walking down an aisle looking from shelf to shelf and then all of a sudden before my very eyes, there is that handbag that I was looking for! The one bag that I could see myself walking around with. A beam of light shines down on it and the bag calls to me to take it home. The grin on my face is erasable and I know I will love and cherish this bag for eternity. We are soul mates and I'm in love.
Who knew men would get as excited over a computer as I do over my handbags...I will never understand men.
So without further ado...
- Today I'm so grateful for the Yankees. If you don't know me at all, one thing to know is I'm a die hard Yankee fan. My dad's name is Mickey, okay? Get it? I didn't really have a choice growing up but know that if my dad was a Sox fan, I'd have definitely switched over! But my dad is a sensible man and the Yankees are all we know. They have had an awesome season and post season. I'm really hoping they make the world series this year so I can cheer my team on!
- I'm grateful for vacation! Jared and I definitely need a vacation, even if it's only for a couple days. I'm looking forward to sitting in the sun with the family and attending the wedding of my cousins. Yay!
- I'm thankful for drawstring pants and stretch waists. Honestly none of my pants fit me already...
- I'm grateful for my crazy husband who is infatuated with electronics. I'm pretty sure that if I came with a remote control or buttons of some sort, he'd love me even more. Men...
- I'm thankful for my kitties. Last night Jared and I made a pact not to pay any less attention to the cats once the baby arrives. Easier said then done I'm sure. But they've been our kids for 5 years.
- I'm thankful for books. I'm finally able to read again. For some reason, the last three months have been dominated by worries, anxiety, and excitement. So I've felt like a second grader who just can't pay attention to their Phonics lesson.
- I'm thankful for November and my favorite holiday which is coming around the corner. Thanksgiving, woot! I will not eat anything unhealthy in November so that I can gain my weight for the month on that day!
- I'm grateful for dishwashers. I will actually postpone a beverage break until the dishwasher is cleaned and emptied so I can slip my glass right in!
- I'm thankful for kind people. There really aren't that many around but when you find them, be kind back for sure.
- I'm thankful for the $1 fingerless gloves I got at Good Will that keep my hands warm while I work. Even though they are brightly colored with a big E on each of them and totally made for children!