Monday, May 18, 2009

Happy Monday

I had a really nice weekend. Yesterday Jared cooked an amazing dinner for the family: roast lamb on the grill, scallop potatoes, veggies, creme brulee. It was so yummy! I love having my family over but it is so exhausting! First you have to clean the house, then entertaining itself is tiring, then all the cleaning up, dishes, re cleaning the house. We wanted to take a walk after they left but ended up both just crashing on the couch. Needless to say it's Monday and I feel like I've been hit by a train.

Other exciting news, our pool was opened on Friday. Yay! It's the official start to summer when the cover comes off. It is also the first summer Sooty is outside. So I was panicking he was going to run outside and right into the pool. But of course cats do have brains and he realized there was no cover and there was water there now. It hasn't stopped me from looking in the pool every day since to make sure there was no cat floating in the pool (I know, morbid, right). I am more worried about the cats outside, it's kind of sick. Jared says if I am this way when we have kids we are in big trouble. What can I say, if you knew my mother, you would understand...

The only other thing I have to add to this random blog post is that I'm leaving in less than 2 weeks for Las Vegas. AHHHHH!!!

3 comments:

Sumit said...

Sooty is such an awesome name! :D (I've always liked cats, but when I was living at home, my mom wouldn't let me keep one. Now, of course, student life doesn't permit. :|)

But someday, I sure am gonna keep a cat.

Larissa said...

aww, im sure the cat will be fine. i'm often amazed at how smart cats are.

i'm so excited for summer! they arent taking the cover off our pools until the end of the month. but as soon as they do i will be out there with my towel ready for some sun :D

and lamb sounds so good! now im hungry.

Jessie said...

thanks - i'm not worrying :)

yeah he's called Soot T. Woot because of his pretty gray coat that looks like fireplace soot. he is like my baby :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...