Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Congrats Kathleen and Brian!

Kathleen and Brian got married last week. I still can't believe how fast time went since she got engaged, then the planning, and the wedding. It's over already? Wow!

As a bridesmaid, we started celebrating early with the rehearsal and dinner last Thursday night which was a lot of fun. Friday was the big day though. We all went and got our hair done up so pretty and then went to the bride's parents house to get ready. When I pulled up, Mrs. T had had a huge sign made up in front of the house to congratulate the newly to be wed couple which set the tone perfectly.

As we sat around doing make up (me just watching - not a make up kind of gal), I learned a stretch hummer would be arriving soon to pick us up. Instant freak out from, moi. I have never been in any hummer and to be honest, I don't even like hummers. But just the fact that they can make stretch hummers and they are so huge and awkward looking, I have always wanted to go in one. So I was super excited. I yelled out that I need to go call all my friends. A second later I realized all my friends were there...

After getting dressed and ready, poor Holly had some contact issues. She had a ripped contact stuck in her eye that she could not get out, poor girl - I'll touch upon the relevance later... We all jumped into the hummer once we were ready and the dude informed us there were no tunes unless we had a CD or iPod. Yeah, so hear we are all dolled up, ready to get Kathleen hitched and we have no music to sing to in the hummer? I don't think so. I remembered my little iPod I always keep in my wallet for emergency situations like this (okay, so it's really there for when I walk at work). So I ran and grabbed it so we could sing and get pepped up.

Funny moment number 1: We get to the church and all lined up with the bride to strut down the aisle. Then my husband shows up. He is in the middle of the wedding party line trying to sneak into the church totally embarrassed (he ran there straight from work and I was shocked he had made it that early...). He got in not disrupting the flow so that was good.

Funny moment number 2: We are settled in the pew for a reading from the MOB during mass. Holly looks over and points her finger at me and Betts. "My contact came out!" she exclaimed in a whisper all excited. We were dying with laughter.


Funny moment number 3: Realizing my small iPod is full of Abba songs as the entire bridal party is counting on me to keep them entertained for the 30 minute drive to the reception...

Funny moment number 4: Holly, Betts, and I all discussing in length that we will not be THAT girl at the wedding - Betts in particular saying how we are all grown up and mature now. Betts being the one that resembled THAT girl the most! But no, really, none of us were THAT girl. Thank goodness for that.


Funny moments number 5: Taking the camera out to the dance floor after a LOT of cham-pag-ney has been drunken (the last of the photos...)


All in all we had a blast and I'm so happy for Kathleen and Brian. Congrats to the newlyweds!


The bride getting dolled up!


The hummer!




Inside the hummer



Jess, Betts, Hol


Me and Betts getting introduced with Kathleen's cousin who looked 19 but was 11



Troy and Holly getting down - our last couple to get married next!!


Holly


Brent and me (wild!)



Brian and Betts



Betts and Jess



Jared and me (my bangs were not having a good hair day...)

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...