Monday, February 16, 2009

Cafe Writing February Project - My Yellow Heart

Each month CafeWriting.com gives writers a project to work on. Here is what I did for February.
9 Minutes to write about my heart

My heart is yellow, not pink or red like others.
It is so bright and shiny; it glows like the sun.
My heart is square in shape and fits my chest like a glove.
It is very unique, one of a kind, unwilling to conform to anything.
My heart is bursting in size and soaks up people and things like a sponge.
Sometimes my heart gets so big it weighs me down and hurts when I walk, sleep, and yawn.
People tell me my heart is too big and to stop loving so many things and so many people.
I can not control my heart, as it has a mind of its own.
When I cry, my heart hurts.
When I smile, my heart beams like a ray of sunshine.
When I am cold, my heart takes an imaginary blanket and wraps it around me for warmth like a big hug.
When I am in pain, my heart aches; it aches like a butcher's knife slicing through me over and over again.
My heart is not perfect; it has many spots, scratches, and scrapes.
My imperfections are tales of lost love, heartaches, and battles not won.
My big, yellow, patchy, imperfect heart loves wholly without fear.
It loves and it relishes return love.
My beautiful, yellow heart is the soul of me.

4 comments:

Hepburn Hilton said...

That is really pretty!!

Bella@That damn expat said...

A yellow heart? I've never heard that!
But it's beautiful, thank you for sharing with us.

floreta said...

i did the same prompt. :) completely different take!! i like how you've placed a color for it...

ChinkyGirLMeL said...

Awww that's pretty. That's so creative. I like that.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...