Thursday, November 20, 2008

Life Goes On

The year has almost come to an end. It seems almost surreal that the apple will be dropping soon and we'll be ringing in 2009. I feel like 2008 was a blurr and I can't remember if I was coming or going, if it was a good year or a not so good year, or if I'm happy to move on to the next year or if I'm wishing 2008 would not go so soon.

To me, life flies by without a care in the world. It doesn't concern itself with your needs or wants. Not at all does it matter if you're ready for the next step in your life, but just presses on like a steam train adamant to stay on time. Life doesn't care if you're ill and missed a few weeks of the year to really live. You can't have them back. Life does not matter if you suffered a horrible loss and spent months in a trance, wishing it was just a dream. Life just pushes onward either lifting you up achieving more and helping you live life to the fullest or digging the hole deeper around you until you're not sure you can fall any farther. Inevitably, life goes on. The name of a show back in the 90s, a famous Beatles song, and a mantra that we have to accept whether we want to or not.

Was my 2008 okay? I'm not so sure. I think it had the potential to be a wonderful year. I think once the holidays are over I can decide whether or not my 2008 was wonderful. But it doesn't matter either way, because life goes on. The next year is in queue and if I'm not ready, life won't care. It's coming. All I can do is try my best to make the most of the rest of this year and the year ahead.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...