Friday, November 21, 2008

3 Weeks

In almost three weeks, Jared and I will be heading off to London for Christmas. Ahh!! It has come so fast. I'm very much looking forward to going back to London. So many memories of being there with my flat mates Lorikins and Danyel. I can't wait to ride the tube to St. John's Wood, walk down Wellington Road to Embassy Court and look up at Flat 12! I'll watch bus 13 go by and say hi to the guys at the sandwich shop, library, and post office that I'm sure won't remember me at all!

I'm going to take the tube to Green Park and walk the never-ending hallway and walk up and down the never-ending escalators. I'm going to Leicester Square to have Chinese in Chinatown and then go to O'Neills. I'm going to pop into Sainsburys for some snacks get to Bond Street station so I can cruise down Oxford Street and browse the shops: FCUK, H&M, TopShop, Next, Zara... I'm going into Boots for some toiletries and will buy some batteries to bring home with me. I'm going to got the corner store and buy a ton of Yorkie bars to bring home for Lorikins since they are our favorite. I'm going to Hyde Park and will check out Speaker's Corner which I loved watching. I'm going to Kensington Gardens to check out all the birdies. And I'm going to Buckingham Palace again because it's so beautiful. I'm going to do all this with a big smile on my face.

I'm not only there to reminisce though. I'm going there to see Jared's parents and where he grew up. To visit the town he went to school, spent his life, and where his friends live. I'm going to finally see all the people I send cards to over the ocean each year, put a face to a name. And I'm going to be with them all for Christmas for the first time in the UK. I'm going to miss my family, that is for sure, and I know tears will be shed on both sides of the Atlantic on Christmas day when we are not together. But I'm still looking forward to this trip. I need it, Jared needs and his family needs it. Yippie!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...