Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Awaiting You'll Have a Friend

We said our final goodbyes to Uncle Wayney today and left him with his parents at the cemetery. I'm still in tears thinking this is so surreal. Words can't describe how much I'll miss him. I'm completely dreading the next family function and he's not there. I think the saddest part is knowing my four cousins lost their father and my mother's heart is broken. Even though mom is one of seven siblings, she and Uncle Wayne had a very special relationship. I think he was just so charismatic and his heart was so big that everyone loved him so dearly. In any event, enough tears for me, he wouldn't want me to be so sad. I wrote a poem that I read at the service today and I wanted to share it with everyone. I'll love you forever, Uncle Wayney.

Awaiting You’ll Have a Friend

It is an exceptionally sad circumstance that has brought us all here today.
But this incredibly heartbreaking death has led me to all I have to say.
A lesson learned is that life is a gift, treasure it from the start.
Love like today is your final day and convey it with all your heart.

Tell the important people in your life that they mean the world to you.
Put your heart and soul, one hundred percent, in everything you do.
Take time to remember yourself and do the things you love.
Always know those loved and lost will be looking out for you from above.

With a smile on your face enjoy the little things we have been given,
Like the beautiful sunsets, the sound of waves hitting the sand, and the simple acts of living.
Be generous, caring, considerate, loving, and fair.
Donate to charities, help someone in need, and make sacrifices for others if you dare.

Cry if you are distressed and be courageous if times get tough.
Family and friends are forever here for you when things will seem to be rough.
If there is something you have always dreamed of, don’t delay.
Life will sometimes throw you curve balls that can get in the way.

Unwrap your precious gift of life with care and concern.
Enjoy every second of it and cherish all that you learn.
Sometimes it is hard to remember that life does not forever last.
So be sure to live for today and not focus on the past.

But inevitably when that time arrives for your life to come to an end,
You won’t have to be fearful because you know awaiting you’ll have a friend.
When the meaningful doors of heaven open up for you to step inside,
There will be Uncle Wayney to help guide you to the afterlife.


Copyright JDF.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...