Tuesday, July 08, 2008

Jared's 2nd Expedition has begun

Jared's second expedition has begun! I dropped him off this morning at URI at the new Inner Space Station that is being built at Narragansett Bay in Rhode Island. He is traveling on the Endeavor (about a 175 foot ship) down to the Virginia Capes. His expedition is going down there to look for some ship wrecks and to use this cool new sonar machine (can't remember the name of it!).

We left around 6:30 a.m. and when we got there I helped him bring this stuff down to his tiny bunk. It's pretty tiny! Jared will be on board to do filming of the ship and do a behind the scenes account of what goes on on the expedition. That entails talking to the scientists, watching the ROV's (Remotely Operated Vehicles) get launched and learning all about the new sonar machine.

I took his picture on the boat (but sadly forgot my camera so it's on his until he gets back!). And I talked to the captain to make sure they did not run into Hurricane Bertha on the way since she is also on going that way. But he did say they would run into some heavy swells. Jared will be popping the dramamine (no idea how to spell that!).

I know he'll have a great time and learn a lot but I can't wait to have him back already! I'll be sure to post his accounts and photos as I get them!

1 comment:

Maureen Girard said...

In my next life I think I would like to do this too.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...