Thursday, July 10, 2008

Finally heard from Jared!

Jared is sailing the high seas and I've not heard from him at all. Most couples are probably not like us. We talk to each other at least 4 times a day during work via phone or email. Then we're home together at night each night. So we're used to being together all the time and talking all the time.

So when he's out to sea with no means of communication, it's rather difficult. After the 24 hour mark of not hearing from him (which was yesterday around 9 a.m. and no I'm not counting...) panic started to set in. I did not go anywhere with out my cell phone in hand. I checked my email every 23 seconds. Basically I was pathetic. Pathetic enough to call Jared's office and see if they had heard anything. I know, I'm one of those wives.

Last night I barely slept having ship disaster nightmares and feeling a bit seasick myself. The cats are driving me bonkers! Jared will get a beating when he does come home. I never realized how much he spoils them. Now with him gone I have to pay the consequences. Which means getting up at 4 a.m. every day to let Smudge out. And being awake for the next three hours without fail because Sooty thinks it's awake time and is playing non stop trying to eat your feet.

But this morning in my exhausted stooper, I checked my email first thing and got an email from the secretary at IFE. They've not heard from the ship but they are not far from their destination. I was very relieved knowing it had not sunk.

Then when I got to work I had an email from Jared. Finally!

He writes: "Just to let you know that I'm alive. I have been quite ill and sick being on the boat. I miss you lots. I never want to feel like this again. Internet is intermidant. I'll e-mail when I can."

Poor thing. I guess the meds are not working. He's been on the boat for 48 hours now (I swear I'm not counting). He's got until Monday at 4 p.m. Let's hope things get better rather than worse. Although the hurricane path and strength is still undetermined, I'm hoping the swells are not too overwhelming for my poor hubby. Pray for him!!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...