Thursday, June 26, 2008

Garden update

We had a perfect evening last night. I got home late from work and I walked in to a wonderful aroma. Jared had started dinner and it was almost ready. I set the table outside on the deck and Jared put on some classical music. We sat and ate a delicious steak meal with this coffee, burgundy vinaigrette dressing Jared had made, fresh lettuce from the garden, corn on the cob and roast potatos from the grill. It was the most perfect weather; the June I've been missing all month. Clear blue sky, lots of birdies chirping and a nice soft breeze making it not too hot or too cold.

At the end of dinner as we sipped wine, the sun set over the back of our garden. I was awestruck and angry at the same time. Why don't we do this all the time, I thought! We're always so busy. Busy doing what I'm not so sure. But we should be making more time for us to enjoy our home and enjoy the sun setting and the gardens.

It really was a great night and a great meal. I'm lucky to have a husband who enjoys to cook and is so good at it.



This morning, I was walking around in my bathing suit and towel at 7am, taking pictures of the garden hoping the neighbors didn't see me and think I was a freak. I can't help it. I love taking these photos and sharing them. I got up early to feed the roses and it was a nice quiet morning for me.

The last picture I showed of the vegetable patch it was pretty bare and now it's bloomed. The lettuce is at the bottom and it tasted delicious. The big sprouts in the middle are the squash and cucumbers.
Ah, the roses. They are so beautiful and each morning I can't help but look at them as soon as I wake up.
This bloom was closed this morning when I fed the patch. When I came back an hour later to take a picture, it was bloomed. This kind of reward is all it takes. I feel like I helped it bloom, if that makes sense at all. But the colors are so vibrant. This is one of my favorite bushes.


See the individual of the group? She's not willing to conform.



I took this picture of my purple roses for one of my favorite bride's to be. She knows who she is and her purple fetish!

Here is the rose trellis. It's grown considerably and I need to start training it some more so it's not so all over the place. The buds have grown nicely though.


Look! The blueberries are almost ready!


The pears look so good this year due to Jared's weekly sprays. I'm looking forward to all the fruit blooming.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...