Tuesday, May 08, 2007

Busy Days

I feel like I haven't had time to do anything, including pee in weeks. I just opened my home email and had 54 new messages! That's ridiculous. Work these days is kicking my ass, literally. I go in around 8AM, at 1PM I realize I'm starving and scavenge the vending machines for lunch or bribe someone to pick some up for me. Sadly, the pizza delivery man now knows me...

Around 5PM I can't believe it's 5PM and I haven't even done anything I needed to do all day and I'm still swamped! I get home around 6:30 (on good days) and then continue to check emails constantly all night and weekends too. Okay, I'm not complaining and I'm sure some other people have it worse at their jobs but honestly I'm exhausted!

I'm too tired to come home and help Jared with our monstrous gardening work and folding laundry is like running a marathon. By the time I walk in the door, I just want to go to bed. Am I pathetic enough for you yet?

Is my life ordinary or extraordinary? Am I one normal, working woman getting her stuff done or am I working too hard? I'm not sure anymore. I feel like my life revolves around work and that's scary. How can one find that perfect balance between work and personal life? When you find it, ring me please?

I think about the future sometimes and I'm scared. What happens when we decide to have kids? I'm so screwed! I forget to feed myself lunch pretty much everyday because I'm so busy. Does this mean I'm going to forget my kids at the grocery store because they walked too slow? Will I make them play by themselves because I'm too busy working? AHHH!!

Where is the happy medium? Can women have it all? The great career, the wonderful home, happy marriage and 2.5 kids (don't forget the dog). I'm not sure anymore they can do it without help. So in that case, anyone have any recommendations of a landscaping company, a car service, a marriage counselor, a nanny and a dog walker? I'm going to need their help if I want to stay sane...

Men have it so easy, it's not fair.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...