Wednesday, June 01, 2016

Puffy Paint for the Win - My Ass!

You know how on your Facebook feed, you see so many random posts people have shared to friends of yours? Well I saw a random post alright and I thought, oh how fun!

Random Post - Puffy Paint for the Win!


Looks pretty right? Fun and pretty! Yay!

It was a rainy day when I saw this and I was heading to the store. So I stopped at the dollar store and got some glue and some shaving cream to do DIY puffy paint. Looked SO easy!

It was pretty easy and my paint looked just like the video! Until it dried... 

Overnight they sat and in the morning:


Here is my picture - wrote Lyla's name, can you tell?


Here is Lyla's gorgeous rainbow!


DIY puffy paint? Ha! More like DIY liquid from a car engine! The paper and "paint" were still wet and the beautiful colors gone. I guess the video should have included proper measurements and a full disclosure:

Our DIY puffy paint recipe worked like this for us. It may however not work like that for you. Be prepared for your picture to be super ugly and not resemble ours at all. Results vary!

We did get 30 minutes of messy, painting fun. So there was that. Setting expectations would have been a good idea though. My daughter we pretty unhappy her rainbow looked more like the combination of rusted entrails from a 1977 Chevy and the aftermath of an AutoZone explosion. Bummer! Maybe next time...

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...