Wednesday, July 24, 2013

Count Your Blessings Wednesday Rant

The internet makes people evil and cowards.

If you read comments on news articles, Facebook, tweets, comments on YouTube, etc, you'll know what I mean. The internet allows you anonymity. It allows you to argue with people all over the world without ever looking into their eyes. You can say how you really feel pretty much without repercussions. 

I'm sure you've seen it all over the news here and there about people taking a stand to cyber bullying. And yes, I feel if someone is being disrespectful to you online in anyway, that is cyber bullying. 

Remember there is someone on the other side of that computer and they are a person. They have feelings. We don't all agree with everything and people are entitled to their opinions. But don't be a coward and make a rude remark to a perfect stranger with a keyboard. Grow the fuck up.

If you can't behave on the internet then stay away. No one wants you and your rude comments.

As my mom always said, if you have nothing nice to say, don't say anything at all.

Today I'm grateful for people who don't post rude messages but choose to only post positive things. They make the world a better place. As for the rest of you A holes, I'm not grateful for you. I almost wish a natural disaster would shut you up (you know, turn off your internet, come on people! I'm advocating for not being mean on the internet. I would never want a natural disaster to kill mean people!).

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...