Wednesday, August 08, 2012

Count your blessings Wednesday and some ranting...

Yesterday, oh man what a day!  It all went so well until after dinner.  My mom had Lyla for the day and after work she dropped her off at my office.  Jared was going to play tennis after work so it was just us girls.  I figured we could grab a quick bite and then go home.  We did two potty breaks in an hour and then made the 45 minute journey home and it began...
  1. Five minutes before getting home, Lyla said, peepee potty?  I said hold it, we're almost home.  She says no peepee in the car.  Yikes!  I pulled over and it was too late.  I can't really be mad at the kid.  She's 2!  She has about one accident a week if that.  This was the second time she peed in the carseat - a nightmare but not the end of the world right?  She felt terrible though and I didn't yell at her, just reminded her the rules and how she's such a big girl for how well she does, etc.  Not traumatizing my child because I have more work to do now.  Not an ideal start to the night but it goes on...
  2. Drive into my driveway where I see my neighbor doing archery almost on my property.  Seriously, of all the neighbors you can get, mine has to be weapons lover.  I have seen him shooting shotguns, rifles, hunting guns, beebee guns, and now arrows?!  WTF!  This is not a DAMN military hub or reservation, this is a residential neighborhood crawling with kids.  Put the F'ing weapons way!  I've been seeing him do this more and more recently and I can't stand it.  I want my child to be safe and away from that crap.  Take it to the range!
  3. I'm already irritated so when I get home I unloaded the car, stripped Lyla and told her not to move but she does, OMG losing my mind.She's naked trying to run out of the house with no shoes on.  I told her to stand on the carpet outside the door so I can clean the car seat.  She's not listening and taking her pee-soaked bottom and sitting in her car, on her bike, etc.  I am trying so hard to keep it together.  
  4. We went back inside for a minute and right away she's picking up our new kitty who I've told her a million times now not to pick up. I finally closed the cat in the basement for the time being so he doesn't escape outside and Lyla doesn't pick him up again.  At this point my ears are red and steam is about to start flowing.
  5. Back outside again Lyla won't sit still. I finally threatened her with her blankie, her toys, and getting rid of the kitty if she doesn't stand still.  By the grace of God it works so I can clean the car seat. Upon further inspection it appears she has pissed the motherload, of course.  Just taking the seat out it's dripping.  OMMFG!  I stripped off the cover to throw in the wash, wiped down the inside, and realized the foam is soaked too.  WTF do I do with pee soaked foam?  I started LOSING it. Literally losing it.  I was SO angry.  I did the best I could with the seat and prayed silently we could get it all back together for her to go to school today.
  6. We are finally getting back in the house and I yelled to Lyla not to open the door for the cat - about 5 times for that matter.  What does she do?  First thing she ran to the door and opened it.  I flipped my lid.  I probably shouldn't have yelled at her but I did.  I was irate and stressed out.  I put her in the tub and she stood there, smiled, and peed.  I sat there trying to pull myself together.  Instead I walked away for a minute to go grab a towel.  As I closed the closet door, the cat cried because he was trying to sneak in the closet and I caught his head. F'ing wonderful.
  7. Lyla finally was bathed and dressed for bed and I stood in my room pacing.  I looked out my window and there is my F'ing neighbor shooting arrows still.  I called up Jared and told him I was in a VERY foul mood and under no circumstance should he and his friend show up here after tennis as I did NOT want to have to be friendly.  He went to get a drink, I didn't blame him.
  8. I called my mom to rant and probably dropped the F bomb more than I ever had in my life to my mother in one setting. 
  9. Lyla easily went to bed, thankfully, and I sat down to calm down.  And that was my night...
Just typing that recount makes me tense.

Today I am grateful for making it through that without permanently damaging my child, for not blaming her peeing for all the stress, and for not letting my entire night be ruined since we snuggled at bed time.

I'm also grateful I took a run during lunch, the hottest time of the day and uphill! Then jumped in my pool commando style.  I'm grateful I got up really early and got a lot of work done.  I'm grateful tonight has to be better than last night!

And my neighbor should be grateful I haven't called the police again on them...

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...