Tuesday, November 01, 2011

Not So Productive Tuesday

My office currently has no power.  UGH!  So that means my one day to socialize in the office, be ultra productive (without my child), and just be in an adult setting all day is not going to happen this week.  So I am stuck at home hiding out in my bedroom with my laptop pretending I'm not home so my child won't have a temper tantrum to be with me.

Sitting on my over-sized chair in my bedroom is not the most idea office setting but at least I'm alone and it's quiet.  

But I will share some exciting news with all of you.  This past weekend I went out and bought myself a whole new work wardrobe! I know, killer, eh?!  I went to Wal-Mart for something and on a whim, I decided to check out the women's section.  And low and behold, I found myself three pairs of Hanes sweatpants and three long sleeved Hanes tees for only $5.97 each!  Holy moly!  And the pants were actually petite size too!  Whoa!!!  Yes, I work from home and don't see anyone.  I definitely don't like wearing sweats all day but here is why...

My husband loves to be stingy with the heat at our house.  It's set at on a thermostat so all day long it's a certain temp and then gets warmer at night when we're home.  But wait a second, I work from home all day!  So basically I freeze my ass off.  But due to the price of heat and trying to save a few bucks I suffer.  And Lyla is always warm like her daddy so it's just me that suffers.  Hence I need layers and warm clothes.  I have not bought "work" clothes in years so most of mine are all ripped or stretched out from when I was pregnant.  So just having new sweats I am super excited!  Lame, I know.  

So all I have to do is layer, add my finger-less gloves, and my snuggie and I can work at home without freezing to death.  Yay for new work clothes! 

(Yes this is as pathetic as it sounds.  My work clothes are sweats, my husband freezes me out of our house on a daily basis, and I am super excited over a Wal-Mart deal.  Wow, just wow.)

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...