Monday, August 01, 2011

Working Mom Mondays - Just So Tired

It's Monday.

Yesterday, in fact all weekend, I had a plan.  I was going to bed early Sunday night and starting new, fresh on Monday.  Back to getting up early to work out, eating healthy, and all the things I was doing when I was losing weight.

But my plans didn't work out so well.  Jared went out with a friend and I was ready for bed but our cat was nowhere to be found.  This cat of ours, Sooty, he is never outside at night and we hadn't seen him since early yesterday morning.  So I spent an hour trying to get him inside; to no avail.

Finally Jared came home and we looked some more.  By 11pm, we laid down in defeat but neither of us able to sleep worried about the cat.  Around 1:30 Jared got up to check for him at the door, nothing.  At 3:30 I got up to check for him at the door, nothing.

Then my child started screaming at 6:30.  Now if I had followed my plan, I would have already been up and would have already worked out, and would be making breakfast and lunch for Jared.  But no, I was exhausted and still in bed.  And to make matters worse, I woke with a cold - the one Lyla has been fighting all week which is why I'm exhausted from not sleeping all week.  

Lyla is still not the best; she has a runny nose and is still coughing but this morning she woke up on the wrong side on the crib.  Since she got up she's been whiny and completely miserable.  Finally I put her back in crib to duke it out.  I just can't handle her right now.  I cannot hold her all morning.  To make matters worse, she has her 15 month appointment today.  Last week I took her to the doctor to get checked due to being sick and she wouldn't even let him check her heart or weigh her.  I can't even imagine how difficult this appointment is going to be.  In fact, I'm so dreading it.

And of course I have the busiest work day/week upon me.  How I will work all day with: screaming, whiny child because she's tired, sick, and will be sore from shots, with my cat missing and me trying to find him, and with me having gotten only about 3 hours of sleep the past 2 weeks.  God help me now.  And it's only 7:30 in the morning.  

Okay enough complaining from me now. Time to seize the day!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...