Monday, May 09, 2011

Working Mom Mondays - My Little Book Nerd

No matter how many toys Lyla has, her favorite toys are books. She goes through all of her books every day.  She picks them up and flips them around in her hands a few times.  She puts them on the floor and flicks through the pages (her favorite past time), and she hold them up close to get a good look at the pictures.

She has books scattered all over her room all the time.  Sometimes she will find a book she likes and crawl with it in her hand (too funny to watch) over to me to read it. I love this so much. It doesn't matter what I'm working on, I drop everything, plop her on my lap and we read it.  She sits so still and points to things she likes and watches my lips as I read, craning her neck.  What jewel my daughter is!

Our favorite books include:
Bedtime Kiss for Little Fish
The Very Hungry Caterpillar
Bubbles, Bubbles
Elmo is Happy
Bedtime Kisses
Brown Bear, Brown Bear - which we always have to read twice
Baby's First Words Book
Lyla the Lovesick Ladybug
How Do I Love You

Just to name a few...

Reading to Lyla is one my most treasured moments.  She loves books just as I do and I know her bond will grow over time as she learns to read.  I'm so grateful for this and look forward to sitting with her and reading together some of my favorite books.

What are your favorite kids books?

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...