I'm so grateful it's Friday today. Or course it sucks that I'm pretty sure I'm getting sick. And I have SO much work to do today in addition to a few errands AND clean my house for company tonight. So I changed my mind...not too happy it's Friday after all.
It's also day 5 of the new me (yes I have said this before and failed miserably but I mean it this time!). The new me gets up at 5 am and spends an hour on Ginny, then get right to work before the babe wakes up, and I am watching everything I eat. I'm limiting myself to a certain amount of calories per day. It feels great to be up early and get my calories worked off first thing. It also feels great to know I'm making a whole lifestyle change as opposed to just losing weight. So am I dieting? No, I'm remaking myself. Too long have I gone without time or energy for myself and it's not just been since I've had Lyla. The new me:
- Relishes my alone time (like right now) in the wee hours of the morning.
- Doesn't care if I only eat one thing all day long if it's totally fattening and takes up all my calories.
- Goes to bed when I'm tired rather than forcing myself to stay up for a movie or more work.
- I am happy to get fit for me and for Lyla.
- And the new me will look hot on our cruise this summer - no more frumpy mamma!
Frumpy is a word I never want to hear again. Because this summer if I stick to my plan, I'm taking my fashionista sister out shopping for her to remake my entire wardrobe. I want to be a good mom but a cool mom too. I want to be someone Lyla would be proud of.
So wish me luck world. The new me is going to be hard but I think I'm up for it.
If any one has any good low cal snack or dinner ideas, let me know!