Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Sorry Spring

Dear Spring,

As I sit on my couch day after day anxiously awaiting the arrival of our little girl, I can't help but notice that I've missed you.  You came and are going so quickly that the joys I usually revel in at this time of year are quickly becoming a distant memory.  I woke up one morning and noticed our daffodils had sprouted so fast and the trees were baring little seedlings of leaves.  The iris' were breaking ground and our beautiful pink blossomed cherry tree was in full bloom.

It seems like only a week since I noticed you had arrived, you're almost gone.  My daffodils are now dying, my roses are perking up ready for the summer heat, and my cherry blossom petals are slowly but surely fading away.  

Sadly, I have been unable to fully appreciate you this year, spring.  With the preparations for the baby, the bed rest, and discomfort of being so pregnant, I have been unable to roam the gardens taking photos like I do each year.  I've been so absent I didn't even notice my favorite flowers, the peonies, are almost in bloom.  I was unable to help Jared plant any of the vegetables or help him clear out the brush.

I missed you this year, spring, but I know you'll be back next year.  I can't wait to get involved again next year with our little daughter.  i know she's going to adore you as well.

Love,
me

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...