Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Count Your Blessings Wednesday

Today I am so grateful for my life.  Especially because I am not living in ruins in poor Haiti without food and water.  Reading the accounts of that country since the huge quake and now the after shock quake this morning is really devastating.  I wish I could do more than donate but I'm just unable to.  What are you doing for the people of Haiti?  Comment and share your ideas with me.

  1. I am grateful for the roof over my head that protects me from the cold, the heat, the rain, and the snow.
  2. I'm thankful for the food I have access to and the wonderful meals (I can not stress wonderful enough) my husband makes on a daily basis for us.
  3. I am grateful for our jobs that we both work so hard at.  Those jobs give us the money we need to survive and I'm grateful for that.  
  4. I am thankful for family and friends. I know they will always have our back if we need them.
  5. I am thankful for not living on a fault line...
  6. I am grateful for the sun shining today bringing me hope that it will be a good day.
  7. I am so very grateful for our new baby who is growing like crazy inside me and moving all the time.  She has no idea the love she's in for once she graces us with her presence.
  8. I am so thankful for all the nurses and doctors who take care of me all the time. I feel like I live at doctor's offices and the hospital and I appreciate them all.
  9. I am thankful spring which is on its way.
  10. I am very grateful for my health; as poor as it may be it's much better than a lot of peoples.
Do me a favor today if you're reading my blog; do something good for someone today.  If it's as simple as assisting the elderly with the door, sending a care package to someone you've never met, or donating your time to help someone without them asking.

I have found recently, though I had been doubting for a long time, that there are a lot of bad in this world but there are still really good people out there.  Take time to be one of those good people and pay it forward will work its way back to you.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...