Wednesday, December 02, 2009

25 Days of Christmas Memories - Day 2

This year I've decided to write a special Christmas memory for the 25 days of Christmas. Each day until Christmas day, I will share a funny Christmas moment, memorable gift exchange, and my happy moments with family.  I hope you enjoy!

2nd Day of Christmas

When I was in high school as a freshmen, my eyes were wide open of all the cute boys in sight.  One particularly met my eye; he was the quarterback of the varsity football team.  Lance was a cutie and I thought he'd be great for my first high school boyfriend.  I wasn't allowed to really date until I was 16 but my parents relented because Lance couldn't drive and he was grounded - for the whole three months we "dated".  When the holidays came around, I couldn't wait to buy him something extra cool.  I called my cousin Brooke and she offered to take me out to buy him something.  We decided to get him a stocking and fill it with goodies, including some cologne.  I felt so grown up as we went to a local drug store and got him a stocking filled with stuff and some Drakar cologne. I have no idea why I remember this so vividly but I'll never forget the store we shopped in, the way the cologne smelled and the look on Lance's awkward face as he opened it on my living couch in front of my family. Needless to say our "relationship" didn't last too long.  Randomly enough he ended up marrying one of my second cousins...

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...