Saturday, December 12, 2009

25 Days of Christmas Memories - Day 12

This year I've decided to write a special Christmas memory for the 25 days of Christmas. Each day until Christmas day, I will share a funny Christmas moment, memorable gift exchange, and my happy moments with family.  I hope you enjoy!


12th Day of Christmas

I will never forget the Christmas of 1990.  I was nine years old and the biggest thing to hit town in ages was the movie, Home Alone.  Going to see that movie was the thing to do.  My mom knew it was going to be crazy so she bought tickets for my cousins, friends, and I earlier the day it came out.  As the day went on, more people joined our group to see the movie so we got to the theater really early to buy a few extra tickets.  I'll never forgot how long the movie ticket line was (by the way this was way before Fandango.com and movietickets.com when we did things the old fashioned way...).  The line was longer than I'd ever seen it before.  Some of us went in to save seats in the theater while my mom and the other cousins waited in line.  We all made it into the movie, miraculously, and got to see one of the greatest Christmas movies of all time.  Of course the theater was jam packed.  I've never been in a theater since where ever single seat is taken.  That was a fun night.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...