Thursday, December 10, 2009

25 Days of Christmas Memories - Day 10

This year I've decided to write a special Christmas memory for the 25 days of Christmas. Each day until Christmas day, I will share a funny Christmas moment, memorable gift exchange, and my happy moments with family.  I hope you enjoy!


10th Day of Christmas

Last year for Christmas, I was in the most wonderful city in the world, London!  That is right, I do have a tiny obsession with this city where I studied abroad and fell in love with.  I'd never been there at Christmas time and it was such an honor to be there last year amid the holiday madness.

Jared's family lives an hour outside the big city so we hopped on a train and spent a whole day traipsing around.  We went to my old stomping ground, St. John's Wood where they turned my old flat into luxury flats.  Things had changed a lot but I still knew where I was going.  We walked past the library I went to, the market, the tube station, and my bus stop.  When bus 13 went by I got so teary-eyed just reliving all the memories of living with Lorikins and Danyel and the other girls.  We walked through Leicester Square and saw the infamous O'Neills where we had one too many fun nights.  We walked through Chinatown and had a delicious meal.  We even went to Harrod's and marveled at all the things we couldn't afford.

That one day in London last Christmas was so special to me.  Made me miss that life that I lead.  For a second, I wanted to throw in the towel with the country living in our quiet neighborhood in the States and move to a flat in London and live amongst all the hustle and bustle.  Fact is I love my life here and my family.  I had my time in London - even it was short.  But visiting as often as I can will be enough for me.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...