Monday, August 17, 2009

The real talent lies in music

Could you imagine if Michael Jackson/ the Jackson Five had never been discovered? What if The Beatles never made it big. Could you imagine life without Billy Joel, Elton John, Bob Dylan, or Paul Simon? The mere thought of not having one of the all time music greats in my life is a scary thought. What if they had not worked as hard as they did? What if someone somewhere thought they were crap and ruined their chances for a famous music career.

I can't imagine my life without music greats like Queen, Led Zeppelin, or Abba. I am so glad that they worked so hard to make something of their music. I sincerely feel that music artists are the most talented of people. They are gifted with a beautiful voice, melodious instrumental talent, and are blessed with song writing talent that can't be compared with.

Sometimes I get really angry at actors/actresses. They are mega stars with millions of dollars. People think they are so talented and deserve the spotlight and all the awards they achieve. I think it's a crock. I honestly feel that becoming a character and memorizing lines is not that exciting. While it may be difficult, I don't feel it's a talent or a skill. But if you give someone a guitar and they are able to rock out and sing amazingly, that is talent. That is a one of a kind skill. You should be remembered for all time.

I don't agree with celebrities being splashed all over the news, Internet and magazines. I don't feel that their lives are that worthy of everyone knowing who they are dating, where they are going or what their next big thing is. Actually I hate celebrities. They are just people.

But an artist, that is different. I want to know about their next album, I want to know if they are touring and most important, I want to see pictures and videos of them playing. It's truly a gift that they are sharing and I couldn't imagine my life without that. We would all lead dull, quiet lives without being able to jam to the gifts they give us.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...