My staycation is almost over (sad face). But we have been enjoying our time together at home. Therefore it's only fair for me to commemorate the best of my days during my staycation so far:
Friday: I sat poolside at my home with the sis and witnessed a hummingbird sighting 5 times! That is more times than I have ever seen a hummingbird since I have been at our home. It was awesome! I kept jumping up and pointing as Jodie would say, it's just a bug but I knew it was a friendly hummingbird. Oh and I bought a green dress.
Saturday: On this day I learned how to spell shish of the kebab variety as I celebrated the US's Independence from England with my British husband.
Sunday: Saw Illumination by Cirque at Foxwoods and it was super cool especially since Jared had never seen them before.
Monday: Took a nice long walk in the morning as we bitched about stupid things together.
Tuesday: Went to a used bookstore and proceeded to sit there for about an hour and get totally wrapped up into a book - Old Friends, the life of Simon and Garfunkel. Then spent the entire day reading it upon leaving the book store.
Wednesday: Spent the day in Rhode Island and alternately enjoyed the scenery and annoying Jared with all the new tidbits of information I have acquired about Simon and Garfunkel. Oh and walking around with Jared and his new man purse he got for his birthday from moi.
Friday: I sat poolside at my home with the sis and witnessed a hummingbird sighting 5 times! That is more times than I have ever seen a hummingbird since I have been at our home. It was awesome! I kept jumping up and pointing as Jodie would say, it's just a bug but I knew it was a friendly hummingbird. Oh and I bought a green dress.
Saturday: On this day I learned how to spell shish of the kebab variety as I celebrated the US's Independence from England with my British husband.
Sunday: Saw Illumination by Cirque at Foxwoods and it was super cool especially since Jared had never seen them before.
Monday: Took a nice long walk in the morning as we bitched about stupid things together.
Tuesday: Went to a used bookstore and proceeded to sit there for about an hour and get totally wrapped up into a book - Old Friends, the life of Simon and Garfunkel. Then spent the entire day reading it upon leaving the book store.
Wednesday: Spent the day in Rhode Island and alternately enjoyed the scenery and annoying Jared with all the new tidbits of information I have acquired about Simon and Garfunkel. Oh and walking around with Jared and his new man purse he got for his birthday from moi.
Leaving Zumba class the other night I was greeted with a beautiful rainbow!!
The Astor Mansion in Newport that we got a tour of. Beautiful!
Here is a beautiful lighthouse in Newport that is hidden away for only special people to see. It is so pretty and dates back to 1886.
3 comments:
this sounds so wonderful! sometimes the best vacays are spent at home! (i cant wait to go on mine thursday!)
You have not seen man purse until you've been to China my dear. There are guys with Gucci totes, and it makes me mildly uncomfortable.
yes we had a blast! yeah girly man purses are totally lame. that is how some men are in NYC. Jared is not allowed to do that :) hence the reason i bought it!
Post a Comment