Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Count your blessings Wednesday

I have nothing in particular to be grateful for so today I'm grateful for life:
  1. I'm grateful to be married to a great man. Even though he is a pain in the ass sometimes, he is a wonderful husband.
  2. I'm grateful for my health - without it I probably wouldn't be here but that's another story for another day...
  3. I am grateful for my family. I'm not close, literally, to my family anymore. Living on my own about an hour away has its ups and downs. I can have my own life but at the same time I don't get to see them as often as I'd like. But I'm still grateful to have them.
  4. I'm grateful to be employed - enough said in this economy.
  5. For my home. It's not just a fancy house with a big yard and beautiful gardens. It's a home and we both work hard for it and keep it the way it is.
  6. For my friends - new and old.
  7. For a vacation coming soon! Jared and I are taking a week off together to just relax in our home for a change. I can't wait to sit by the pool and just be together. Cross your fingers the weather cooperates for us.
  8. Simple pleasures: hot showers, running water, mail, roads, transportation, hospitals, grocery stores, and variety of stores to get our needs
  9. For my grandparents.
  10. For life. I accidentally listened to the news this morning. Those of you who read my blog know I can't do the news. It tears me apart and I just can't handle it like a normal person. Today listening to the suffering of people, the murders, the accidents, and the sadness made me so depressed. I am so grateful to not be in a situation like that at this point in my life right now.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...