Monday, May 25, 2009

Flowers make me happy

Yesterday Jared and I took all our tag sale earnings and bought flowers. Jared + me + cash + garden center = bad combination. When we left there we couldn't squeeze a seed in the back of our SUV. It was pretty humorous driving three carts to the car and after we got them all in, I had to take a picture.

They all fit!
No back seat drivers, now, ya hear?

When we got home I planted all our flowers in our pots. Last year we did them from seed and that was rewarding because you got to see them start from scratch. But this year we decided to get them already grown so we could enjoy them longer. We were not disappointed! I still keep going outside to look at them. They are all just lovely!

This hanging basket is our only one in the shade so we got a white impatient that resembles the rose bud.
Last year we did petunias for our hanging baskets and I just loved them. This year we went for the mini version of them. This is the first time we got four different colors as opposed to four of the same and I'm still unsure if I'm happy. But I like the flowers for sure.


This basket is one of my favorites. The garden center woman recommended this combination of flowers. I planted the bright green leaves in the front so they will trail down. The flowers in the back are orange, yellow, and red in case you can't tell. They are gorgeous!


Our four pots by the pool we also planted individual pieces into it. We wanted really full pots so it will take these guys a few weeks to get there. But we are happy with the overall look so far. The white flowers are just amazing. They smell like vanilla and I couldn't take my nose away from them.


These two are my favorite. We bought these already mixed like this and just put them in our pots. They are gorgeous and I keep going to my dining room door to look at them and marvel at them. The bright colors are just what our side deck needed.


Here is a close up.
Our front door, we got some shade potted plants. Not as colorful as I would have like but we are limited due to the lack of sun. Jared loved these ones though.


Check out this flower and how pretty. I can't remember the name of it though...

I'm totally in love with our flowers.

2 comments:

SassyGirl said...

Wow, I can't believe you made all that fit in your car! I love the hanging baskets!

Jessie said...

yes it was a tight squeeze :)

thanks!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...