Sunday, September 07, 2008

Election '08: Who is Vote Worthy?

Come November time, do you know who you're voting for? I certainly don't. Somehow between race, sex, scandal, the word 'change', and this 'historical election' the main focus has been lost. Who cares about these things! We need to fix this country. I don't mean, say you're you're going to, but actually do it. I swear if those guys from the 1700s that fought for this country were alive they'd be ashamed of us all.

It's down right scandalous the things that have gone down hill in the government. Our choices for president are Senator Obama or Senator McCain. Honestly I'm not a fan of either of them. All you folks that like Barack Obama, why is that? Is it because he would make history and become the first African-American president? Is it because he has had such a brief stint in politics and can make a 'change' that he's promising. But tell me, what is that change? Is it because he's young and seems on our side? Is it only because he's a democrat and you want the republicans out? Or is it because he is the only candidate you've heard of? I don't think any of these reasons are good and to be honest I've not heard of one good reason to vote for Obama yet. Either way does your vote really matter anyway?

What about McCain? Leave Governor Palin out of it for now because let's face it, she would be the VP, not the President and I really think people are focusing way too much on her. How many US vice presidents can you actually recall anyway? McCain may be aged but he's got the experience right? However he's part of that GOP that we've been left with for the past eight years that has let us down. But seriously, you guys are the ones who voted for Bush! (However, like our vote really matters anyways...). McCain has many down sides. He's voted with Bush on many things. He's not the best speaker and to be honest his personal life story is not the nicest. I know this should not matter but don't play stupid. Americans are pathetic and care about gossip. Don't deny it because if they didn't, Sarah Palin's family wouldn't be splashed all over the media every day.

So basically our two choices for president suck. No one can get up there and tell me why I should vote for them and really mean it. They are all just speeches written for them by professionals of things that we want to hear. And in most cases, like we've seen in the past, they'll have these wonderful speeches, get elected and then not do what they say they will do because lobbyists get in the way. Money talks, right? So how can you trust Obama or McCain. Obama is too new. You can't trust a guy that has only been around a very short time. McCain has been around so he's used to the system. But is he so used to it that he won't make the change needed to turn this country around?

What do we do? I love voting. I think it's an awesome right that we have and I exercise it whenever possible. However, my vote doesn't matter. The way the vote works, we could all vote for Al Gore and Bush still gets elected. That is messed up. So what if we all vote for Obama and McCain gets elected in the end or vice versa. What if we all just don't vote? Will it matter? If every citizen doesn't vote, what happens? Do they care? I'm just so fed up with this system and my two choices for president, I'm on the verge of giving up this honor of voting in November. McCain and/or Obama better step it up. The media better step it up. People in general need to step it up. The focus needs to be brought back to the election. Not how many houses Senator Biden has (which is ridiculous by the way). Not how pregnant Governor Palin's daughter is or how much change Obama is promising. I want to vote and I want to think my vote can matter but I'm not voting if there isn't someone or something worthy of voting for.

1 comment:

Maureen Girard said...

Poor dear. I agree. Maybe it's a dream. Maybe I'll wake up from the nightmare of it all.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...