Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Fiji and Me

I gave notice at my job and Jared did the same. The sale went very well. The house was gone as was all of our belongings and our cars. We had money, we had our youth, and we had all the time in the world. The excitement of the future was just building up inside and we could not wait to start. We had said our good byes and sad good byes they were but we would be back. We weren't sure how far in the distance you could see us back home but for now we were promising not to be gone for too long.



We are starting in South America. That was the plan. But no rules applied. We could come and go as we pleased. We did not have to adhere to any itinerary but our own. Once we did our thing, we'd move on to Europe, Africa, Asia, Australia and finally end in Fiji. Fiji is where we wanted the grand finale to be. We'd find our favorite part and buy some land by the water to open up our own B&B where we could run it and raise our babies on the beach. Free from the stress of a society run by money and greed. Free from the pressures of every day life. Free from the life of having to live up to your neighbors and earning enough to live well so your family is well looked after. Free to live like beach bums without a care in the world. If we could make it, we were unsure if being back in the near future was a possibility. But we were willing.



All we wanted to do was travel the world. See all the things we've learned in school and experience all the places we only dreamed about. I couldn't wait and Jared was thrilled. We were packed, we were thriving with adrenaline, and we were ready. And then I woke up.

3 comments:

Maureen Girard said...

I was playing some exotic instrument the other day. It turned out to be my alarm clock when I finally woke up.

Carolyn May said...

I really freaked out when I started reading this. I would have killed you!

Jessie said...

If only we had the guts to do this. I would do it in a heartbeat. You only have one life to live. Live it the way you want it, the way you only could love it, to its fullest.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...