Saturday, April 26, 2008

The other day, I was feeding the roses, minding my own business. Jared came over to me with his hands cupping something. I immediately start to freak out but then he says, look what I caught. Apparently, Smudge chased this helpless guy out of the bushes and he fell into the pool where Jared the hero saved him from drowning. Opening up his hands I saw the smallest bunny I'd ever seen. He was shivering cold and soaking wet having just pissed all over Jared's shirt. But still, he was so cute. Jared immediately wanted to name him and add him to our family. I did agree at first that he would be a great pet but I was having a hard time with that. Bunnies smell! Plus this little guy's momma was probably freaking out worried about him. So we put him in a little box to let him warm up and dry off while we discussed some more how we should not keep him.

Eventually I let him out back to the woods where I knew Peter and Wendy lived (our resident wild bunnies that I see hopping around every day). He was pretty scared and I'm sure the flashing of my camera did not help one bit. But he was free to go. You can see how cute and tiny he is and then of course his freedom picture.





Of course the next day I refused to let myself go over there to see if he was okay and still there. I just pretended his family found him and everything was okay. That night however, we were waiting for Smudge to come in and kept calling for her. When we were done with TV and on our way up to bed, I went to the door to call for Smudge one last time. Of course that is when I noticed she was already there laying down at the door. But she was not alone. Smudge was slowly yet leisurely consuming a baby bunny...

All the trees are starting to bloom and they are gorgeous. This tree below is our small weeping willow that Jared prunes faithfully each month to keep the pretty shape. The blooms on here are so pretty and eventually it will just to green for the rest of the summer. I'd like to find out the actual name of this tree since it's so pretty.



The orchard is looking pretty too. All the trees are blossoming and we're hoping for some great fruit! We've got peaches, pears, apples, plums, cherries, blueberries, and raspberries .



This bird below was circling our area with a friend all day yesterday and they were huge! But I wasn't sure what kind of birds they were. But when I went to get my camera, they took off so I couldn't get a good shot.


I went through my roses today and found we have about 6 varieties: English Tea roses, Floribunda Flirtatious, Mini Ladies in Waiting, American Pride, Hybrid Tea roses and Grandi Floral Melody Parfumee. I'm anxious for them to bloom!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...