Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Life, it happens.

But sometimes, it's just craziness.

First of all, there is famine all over the bloody world. My husband is lucky enough that I've finally settled into a routine (which I freakin hate, but whatever gets him off my back...). Each day I make him his coffee for the morning, his breakfast and a packed lunch. What a nice wife, right? So riddle me this? He emails me last week and tells me what a great lunch I made him (a first for him) which I thought was so sweet. He continued on to say I had forgotten the craisins. What a punk! I ignored him and continued on with my day. Again, last week he called and complained that I had forgotten to put fruit in his lunch. What a punk! This time I also let it slide since he is a man and men are all stupid, right?

But this week...remember that famine... he called me at work to tell me I did not give him chips in his lunch box. His favorite chips, mind you. The chips he had badgered Stop & Shop front end staff about since they stopped selling it so they made a special order to keep getting it, just for him. The chips that he went and bought two bags of on Monday when we had no groceries in the house but he got just those chips. Thank goodness for that! So he's on the phone when I'm at work yelling at me for not giving him those chips. When I got home i noticed that the fruit bowel had grown in size. "Jared," I asked, "Did you eat your fruit today?" He says yes. "Jared, you didn't eat your fruit." Yes he says, he did. "Jared then why is the fruit basket full still?" He can not look me straight in the eye and lie to me so I know he did not eat the fruit he yelled about not having the week before. "Jared, you went and bought chips, didn't you?" No answer. Honestly, at this point, it's like talking a little boy who got his finger caught in the cookie jar. He finally fesses up to someone giving him chips so he could have his way after all. So that is my husband being a baby story of the week...

Babies, babies, babies! They are everywhere! Three people I know just gave birth in the past 2 days. Amazing let me tell ya. My friends Danyel and Bola (who do read my blog, despite my shower rantings, thanks guys) had a baby girl yesterday: Olabisi Angela. They will be calling her Bisi and she's adorable. Looks like her daddy but I'm sure she'll have her mommy's charm.

My friend Kathleen is getting married in April 2009. So weddings and babies are basically my life right now and bizarre as it is, none are my weddings or my babies... Weird. Well, I'm off to Vegas next week. Boo! Eight days in Vegas is like a death sentence but I'm looking forward to my event for sure.

I was looking forward to becoming a cat lady. (totally kidding by the way). However cats are not all they are cracked up to be. Smudge is on a mission to kill every cute fuzzy baby bunny in sight. Poor sods. If only they knew what was going to happen to them by living in our yard. They may be getting the hint since I have not seen Peter or Wendy in a while. Smudge is just pissed that we added this little kitty, Sooty, to our family and ever chance he gets, he tries to attack Smudge. He really is a pain in the ass. I honestly think Sooty is on speed or something equivalent. He is running around like a mad man 90% of the time. The other 10% he's stinking up our house (he really reeks and we call him Shitty most of the time) or sleeping on me. Ladies and gentlemen we have a psycho cat!!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...