Monday, March 17, 2008

Finally, Jared is almost Legal

It's a normal Monday night. I've been very busy at work having just come back from my event in Indiana yesterday. Of course I got a cold over the weekend and feel pretty crappy. Other than that, it's any normal day, until.... the mail comes.

I'm sitting in bed reading and crying over my book, trying not to talk or swallow to save me from the horrific pain of a super duper sore throat. Jared is working around the house. I'm sitting there crying about the family in the book and forgetting all about real life, my favorite past time. Jared comes up the stairs with a huge grin. He wants to know if I want to know the good news. Of course I do! I wipe my eyes and sit up. Immigration has sent us letters. The letters say that Jared has finally been approved for his green card and will get it in the mail in 3 weeks.

I'm so excited I forget about my sad book and my sore throat. Finally, my husband is almost legal. It's been pretty tense these last few years waiting for this. I'm so excited for Jared and for us. That means we can leave the country and get back in. That means Jared and I can finally go back to England and show me where he grew up and visit with his parents. We are so excited that I want to tell everyone.

Jared's green card is on his way and we're thrilled. It only took us almost three years but it's coming!

1 comment:

Maureen Girard said...

That's FANTASTIC!! Congratulations!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...