Wednesday, October 17, 2007

Growing up

My mother sent me all my boxes from the attic in her house. She had a ton..
It took me forever to go through them all and I found some of my favorite old school writings. This is one of my best, I think from my childhood days:

Growing Up

I really don’t know what growing up means. It happens so quickly. It seems like just yesterday I had my first birthday. A lot of people can’t wait to grow up but some people (like me) want to stay young forever. This may sound funny, but being young is great. Being an adult is a big responsibility because of marriage and parenthood. I want to stay young for five good reasons. 1. You get to play around without having to watch over kids. 2. You don’t have to worry as much as an adult. 3. You get to learn new things everyday in school. 4. You don’t have to make big decisions like adults. 5. Just being a kid is fun.

Pictures are taken almost every day for memories and those memories are fun to look at when you’re older. Sometimes those memories can be painful because of something terrible may have happened during those years. They soon become too sad to look at. Being young, you don’t have to face sad memories. Being young you get a lot of attention and sometimes when you’re older you don’t get as much attention.

Things are different when you’re an adult. Everyone becomes and adult at some time, because you can’t stay young forever.

By: Jessie

(at the end of this assignment, I taped 2 childhood pictures to it :))

It's amazing. Really it is. I feel exactly the same way now as an adult. I wish I was still a child, full of life, no responsibilities, etc. I still feel the same as I did on that day. My teacher wrote a few notes on this Check + papers. She said adulthood is not too bad. I guess I'll have to be an adult a bit longer to really understand.


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I have that trading card somewhere!!!!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...