Saturday, April 28, 2007

The Froggie Whore House

It is a sad day here in EL. Although the sun is shining and the birds are sweetly chirping to one another something more horrifying than ever imaginable is happening right in our very own backyard. You’d never guess with this beautiful façade of bright green grass, loads of daffodils and numerous trees on the cuss of blooming overwhelmingly gorgeous colors of décor. The sun rays force the pond water to shimmer at its command and the wind is rocking waves like a sweet lullaby rocks a newborn. How can a day like this possibly be horrific in a home like this?

It all started this morning. I decided I was going to go outside and take my daily stroll around the yard to see the progression of growth that has taken place after a few days of rain. I love my daily strolls around the yard. Everyday I see something different and new. Today I saw the tree by the pool had fully blossomed and the petals had already began their descent to the ground. Our daffodils had all bloomed and were proudly standing tall to the sun. The tulip leaves were standing a full two inches higher ready to make their awesome debut.

As I walked a bit closer to the pool I had to stop the giggles and shakes coming from deep inside me. Every time I look at it, all I can think of is doing flips and dives off the diving board, splashing Jared with cannon balls and annoying Smudge with our fun. We are going to have so much fun this summer with our pool. There’s even a slide which will either be way too much fun or way too dangerous depending on the alcohol intake.

We had just taken the cover off last week and the water is not too clean but it is clear. Just some floating leaves and the bottom needs to be vacuumed. I stood there staring at the pool when all of a sudden I saw something in there. What the heck…? It was a frog, but not just a small frog a larger frog. No biggie, I thought. He seemed to be floating in the water. Then I stared at a bit more since there was something odd about him. There was another frog on its back. Interesting, I thought. They were not moving at all so I thought, bummer, two dead frogs in my pool. I walked around the perimeter and found a dead mouse floating in the pool as well. Gross! I knew Smudge was responsible for that one. Kept walking and then saw another frog, a smaller one. I bent down to take a look and he darted off. Hmm…so I thought. We have 2 dead frogs, a dead mouse and a live frog in our pool. Boy, I can’t wait until Jared gets home.

I was in the process of calling my cousin and when her husband got on the phone I started complaining about the dead frogs. He said they probably weren’t dead, especially if they were on top of one another. So in taking his advice I threw a small twig near them. Oh yeah, one flinched. That’s when I realized the disgusting truth. I had frogs doing it in my pool!! They weren’t just lounging or dead, they were having intercourse! They were mating. They were making small froggie babies. They were going to lay eggs and pretty soon I’d have tadpoles all over my pool. I then saw the other frog circle by like he was waiting his turn. Then it really hit me! They were running a froggie whore house in my pool! Take one and pass it on! I couldn’t imagine how many more frogs would be stopping by that night to get laid. Now, I must say, froggie sex seems pretty easy and peaceful. They just sit there and don’t move.

Okay, enough froggie sex talk and thinking about froggie sex. Now what was I to do? I can’t just let them screw in my pool, can I? Well I’d hate to not let them finish…ewww, gross. But you can bet I’m not going to be getting them out of my pool while there are mounting each other going at it like rabbits. So you’re probably wondering what I did do. Of course, I took a picture! Then I decided I’d pretend I didn’t even see it, let Jared find it and take care of it. Hello! That is why you get married. So you don’t have to deal with the froggie whore house in your pool, that’s what husband’s are for.

ahhh

"don't make us leave until we're finished"

"Hurry up, I'm horny."

Food for the tadpoles

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...