Thursday, March 10, 2016

ABBA: The Family Band!



"Imagine it!" I say to my husband at 6:37 a.m. in the morning.

"Husband and wife plus their boy and girl. On stage. Singing Abba!"

"We could be the Abba Family Band or Abba Family Singers or Family Abba Singers!"

I start doing the moves. I am singing the song.

"See that girl, watch that scene..."

"There was something in the air that night, the stars were bright, Fernando!!"

I dance some more. I point to my daughter and say join me. She rolls her eyes.

My son is laughing and doing his best toddler bounce dance moves.

The husband is rushing around the kitchen getting ready to leave for work.

I keep singing, music blaring.

I keep on at him.

"Seriously, we can do it! Quit our jobs and take the show on the road! People would come from all over to watch us and listen to us sing Abba music! We both know all the words. We both love their tunes. I've got the voice! Let's do it!"

He looks at me and starts talking about taxes and laundry. I jump away and dance and sing some more urging him to think about. He tells me to stop a sec because he really needs my attention about something.

Boring talk commences.

Then back to dancing and singing. Let's do it! I keep on at him and Lyla.

I say to the daughter, "Think about it! Me and you and the whole family on stage singing this gorgeous music! We could travel the world and sing on stage. Wouldn't that be SO fun?!?! We can get the cool Abba costumes. Lots of sequins!"

She looks at me and says no.

Then she stops and thinks. She says, "I know, I'll make you a deal. You buy me a beanie boo, and I'll do it."

SOLD! I yell! Whoohoo!

Jared says his goodbyes.

I yell as he leaves, "Put on Abba in your car on the way to work. Jam it out! Think about it! Let's DO it!"

He shakes his head at me. He must think I'm a nut. I am a nut.

But I'm a serious nut! Singing Abba songs as my job for the rest of my life = heaven!

I'm going to start practicing today. Just in case. I can see my life changing for the good already.

Honey I'm still free, take a chance on me.



via GIPHY

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...