In any event for those of you who don't know this summer is an exciting experiment. Currently going on at my house:
- My husband and I are both working from home almost every day for the same company.
- My daughter is not in school or daycare all summer. Yes, one big happy family. Every. Day.
- My daughter is in a six week swimming boot camp to learn how to swim, at 11:30. Every. Day. Fun times!
So as you can imagine it's been interesting. So far it's been going well and we're not at each other's throats. And Lyla has been SO good for the most part.
But a few things have been keeping me going so I wanted to give them a shout out:
- Paint dots. Life saver! Lyla loves to paint but it can be time consuming and messy. On days when I have a lot of work to do (well most days), if she wants to paint, I just give her these bad boys and she goes to town! No mess, no fuss, and at least 30 minutes of heads down working and paint dotting!
- The library! We love our library and go every week. Luckily for me, my child loves books and loves to read them. Every Monday after our library trip, she spends all day flipping through the books doing her version of reading. Thank you library!
- Card games! My mom bought Lyla a bunch of card packs - Slapjack, Go Fish, Matching, etc. We love them! Lyla is only 3 but she can get Go Fish and Slapjack and we have so much fun playing.
Hope your summer has been a happy one!