Thursday, April 25, 2013

So I Want to Add an Addition onto My House for Safety

We don't have a storm door on the front of our house. If someone comes to the door, I have to open the front door and they could just come right in. It terrifies me. Maybe I'm a baby. Maybe I'm paranoid. I just don't like it.

Soon we are residing our house and I'm arguing with Jared to build a "bump out" or portico on the front door so we have a little mudroom before someone can come into our house. 

This conversation started when an unmarked red pick up truck parked in my long driveway by the door and a man I didn't recognize inside. I got sweaty and nervous. Put on my hat (no idea why!), grabbed my cell phone with 911 programmed in it, and my scissors. A man knocked on the door and I asked who it was first. It was the siding guy. Phew! I IM'd Jared about the quote and reiterating why I want the bump out.

Here is how our conversation on IM just went:


Wow, just wow. I'm sure he has a point but I just want to feel safe in my own home. What is this world coming to?

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...