Monday, June 06, 2011

Working Mom Mondays - The Sun

Now that the summer is here, sun block is the word.  Last summer I didn't worry too much about it because I kept Lyla covered or in the shade as much as possible. But now that she's mobile and loves to swim, my copper top has to be lathered with sun block no matter what.

Jared took her for a walk in her wagon to the neighbors and back and she came home with sun burn on her shins.  He didn't realize that for two minutes, she'd burn.  I'm trying to be proactive and here are some of the things I'm doing:
  • I got Lyla a few bathing suits with the t-shirt top rather than showing too much skin.  Less of a chance she'll get her shoulders burnt - see below.
  • She wears a sun hat whenever she's outside.  She is pretty good with keeping it on most of the time.
  • I use the Aveeno sun block lotion since I don't feel the sprays or roll ons cover well enough.
  • I try to keep her in the shade as much as possible.
The problems I'm encountering are having to reapply the sun block a few times a day, keeping Lyla covered on her head, and spending so much time getting ready to go outside.  It takes forever!  But it's worth it.

Does anyone out there have any other tips for me?  We're going on a cruise in a few weeks and I feel I'm going to spend most of my time sun blocking my child!  Also, I'm looking for a light blanket that will keep the sun off of her.  Any suggestions?

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...