Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Fixing Wrist Time, but why am I scared...

Tomorrow bright and early they are fixing my wrist. They say the surgery will take about 10 minutes but to plan on being there 3-4 hours.  Ten minutes, eh?  I'm a nervous wreck actually.  There are too many what ifs and while I just put Lyla to bed I was thinking of them...

What if they cut the wrong thing and my wrist is useless for the rest of my life?  What if I can never hold Lyla with both arms again?  What if I can't type ever again?  What if I'm one-armed for the rest of my life?  What if the mess it up and my wrist/arm sticks straight out?  What if that happens how will I drive? If they mess up at all, how can I drive?  What if they give me too many drugs and I die?  What if I never get to see Lyla again?  What if I can't wake up from the anesthesia?  What if it doesn't work and my wrist is still painful? What if...?

I could go on forever, seriously.  At this point, I need to have faith in my doctors that everything will be okay.  I can't figure out if this problem I have with thinking the worst all the time is just my in my head or if I have an actual health problem.  I may have to consult my doctor....

Wish me luck!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...