Monday, May 04, 2009

In the rainy garden

Yesterday as it sprinkled with rain, Jared and I worked outside to get a few things done in the garden. I was shown how to use the second power tool this summer. Yay for me! Jared has this thing with the power tools and me. Well to be honest, I don't blame him. Being the klutz that I am, our garden tools I should probably steer clear of. But last week I begged just enough that he showed me how to use the rider mower. I didn't mow the grass but I drove around the cul de sac and that was a blast! Yesterday I got to learn the edger. It was a bit like tracing the lines in a coloring book except the marker was a razor sharp blade and the picture was a circle of mulch. I was a bit intimidated because if you mess up, the edge of the mulch/grass line looks off. But I gotta say, I did pretty darn good! I even told Jared I did better than him.

I took some photos of my one of my favorite times of year in the garden when I was done.

Here is one of the gladioli bulbs that we planted. I'm so excited to see how they turn out!

This bush at the front flowers for thirty seconds so we have to appreciate it. Okay, so I'm exaggerating but it comes and goes fast.



One of my all time favorites! The peonies are growing so fast! I can not wait to have them fresh in my house again.


The apple trees are all blooming with beautiful buds.



Here is the pear tree with its pretty flowers.



And my roses are growing so big as well. Pretty soon we'll have roses galore!


Remember that hydrangea tree I thought I killed. It's alive! I was jumping for joy this weekend when I saw the buds coming up.



This tree is in our front yard and I don't remember its flowers being so pretty.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...